Asset Management System
An asset is an item, thing or entity that has potential or actual value to an organization. Asset management is a business discipline which describes the management of technical infrastructure for business operation. It helps to manage IT and Non-IT assets and offers a single view to track and manage all assets.
Asset Management System provides superior baseline asset inventory & tagging services to all government departments in Tamil Nadu. The asset data becomes the foundation for efforts to limit capital spending, optimally utilize capital assets, mitigate maintenance & repair expense, and control a variety of other operational aspects of physical assets. We provide standardized descriptions and develop a complete inventory with model, serial, manufacturer, department, location, and additional data sets for you to populate into your system.
- Discover all the assets in the network.
- Manage and Monitor software and hardware assets.
- Manage the complete IT Asset lifecycle
- Ensure software license compliance
- Make informed decisions about hardware and software purchases throughout the entire IT life cycle.
- Track Purchase Orders and Contracts.
- Provides complete information on ownership of assets.
- Ensures software compliance by sending alerts when unauthorized software is detected.
- Tracks surplus expenditure on software licenses thereby avoiding over spending.
- As asset management program can help Officials to understand the value of their past and present investments.
- Avoid unnecessary purchase by reassigning and utilizing idle equipment instead of purchasing new.
- Enables tracking of all movable/immovable assets such as technology, cars electronically between inter-departments and intra-departments.
- Ensures unique asset ID, proof of ownership thereby reduces the theft deterrence.
- Assistance with calculation of value of the physical asset given under different circumstances.
- Avoid lease termination penalties by simplifying the process of tracking the lease term expiry.
The essential need of the Asset Management Application is to establish a centralized asset repository that accounts for the presence and purchase of all IT and non IT inventory. To achieve this, the Asset Management application comprises the following steps:
Asset discovery, data capture and storage
Discovering IT and Non IT assets of department and capturing their details such as type of asset, asset ID, asset code, department name etc.
To identify and track, change in the location of assets, increase or decrease the number of assets, track assignment status and user information.
Asset Life cycle management
To capture the life cycle data right from planning, procurement, deployment, management, support, disposition.
Asset Monitoring, Reporting and Alerting
To generate asset inventory monitoring, reporting and receive alerts on asset warranty and lease expiration.